Therapeutic massage involves manipulation of the soft tissue structures of the body to prevent and alleviate pain, discomfort, muscle spasm, and stress.
It also improves functioning of the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems and may improve the rate at which the body recovers from injuries and illness. Massage comes in many forms, including:
- Swedish – a gentle, relaxing massage
- Pressure Point Therapy for specific disease or injuries – from trigger point and myotherapy to shiatsu and acupressure
- Sports massage focuses on muscle groups relevant to a particular sport.
Massage is prescribed at our office for a wide range of medical conditions, including:
- Asthma and Bronchitis
- Myofascial pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Reduced range of motion
- Chronic and Acute Pain
- Circulatory problems
- Sports Injuries, including pulled or strained muscles & ligaments
- Digestive Disorders, including spastic colon and constipation
- Temporomandibular joint function (TMJ)
First State Health & Wellness has licensed massage therapists on staff and has received an award in the Best Massage Therapist category by The News Journal’s Readers’ Choice.